Take 10% Off with coupon code: Winter-10
* This discount does not apply to Audeze Headphones.
FREE SHIPPING !
Availability: In Stock
A Member of the Lake People Reference Series
Digital-Analog Converter DAC RS 06
2-ch Highest Quality Digital-Analog Converter
- four switchable digital inputs:
- transformer balanced via XLR (AES 3), 24 bit / 192 kHz
- coaxial via RCA (S/P-DIF, AES-3id), 24 bit / 192 kHz
- optical via TOS-Link, 24 bit / 192 kHz
- USB 24/96 input Style B, transformer-coupled
- optional 192k-USB input
- coaxial digital output
- LED signaling for active input, lock, error and resampling-on
- Resampling related to 96 Hz
- 32 bit double-mono converters ( 2 converters per channel )
- Delta-Sigma D/A converter with 120 dB dynamic range / -112 dB THD
- output level software-adjustable to +3/+9/+15/+21 dBu for the
bal. output resp. -3/+3/+9/+15 dBu for the unbal. output
- sophisticated analog output stages, max. dyn. range / min. distortion
- high-quality op-amps along the signal path
- high-quality MKP capacitors along the signal path
- balanced signals from the D/A converters to the outputs
- analog outputs electronically balanced via XLR, unbalanced via RCA
- elaborate supply voltage, low ERS caps for filtering and stabilization
- solid black anodized aluminum case, front- and back panels
The REFERENCE SERIES from Lake People covers absolutely high-level audio products with outstanding features, best technical data and perfect craftsmanship.
LAKE PEOPLE DAC RS 06 is a top-range D/A converter, distinguished by its resampling unit, its 32-bit double mono converters and very particular analog output stages. By means of their specially designed, variable low-noise and low-distortion circuitry, the DAC RS 06 fulfils even highest demands
Taken from one of four possible inputs, the digital signal is forwarded to the receiver/resampling module.
When the resampling is activated all incoming data is normalized to 96 kHz. This is the optimim sample rate for the following converters.
The quality of the resampled signal is directly dependent from its clock source. Therefore a special low-jitter oscillator with a phase jitter < 1 pS = Picosecond is installed which is fed from its own low noise power supply build with discrete components.
According to the double-mono architecture two 32 bit D/A converters per channel are used inside DAC RS 06 to achieve higher linearity and lower noise. An incoming 16, 20 or 24 bit signal is expanded in a 32 bit signal inside the converters.
Without careful consideration of the analog output stages it wouldn't have been possible to make the outstanding performance of the top-notch converter available at the analog outputs.
In case of DAC RS 06, the converter is followed by an amplifier specially designed for this purpose, with a topology similar to an instrumentation amplifier.
It distinguishes itself by a wide dynamic range, minimum distortion and high flexibility with regard to the achievable output level.
From the D/A converters to the rear outputs the signal remains completely balanced.