Take 12% Off with coupon code: Fall-12
* This discount does not apply to Audeze Headphones.
FREE SHIPPING !
Availability: In Stock
A Member of the Lake People Reference Series
Headphone Amplifier RS 02
The REFERENCE SERIES from Lake People covers absolutely high-level audio products with outstanding features, best technical data and perfect craftsmanship.
The headphone amp HPA RS 02 use the highly regarded and reliable technique of Violectric HPA V100 which is known and honored for its powerful and neutral sound. Of course all other features of our famous headphone amps can also be found here. In combination these are second to none:
because of low internal gain. Therefore the self generated noise from the amplifier is not audible.
Highest output voltage swing
through 60 Volt internal operating voltage.
Therefore best suited for high impedance headphones. Over 90 % of all headphone amplifiers in the market offer not half that voltage !!
Highest output power
because of powerful amplifiers able to deliver much more current a headphone needs. Therefore best suited for low impedance headphones and even magnetostatic cans !!
Highest damping factor
through lowest output impedance. Therefore best suited for full control even over critical headphones with the garantee to have flatest possible response.
But there is even more !!
means a 5-times adaptive gain setting on the back panel to customize your amp to match perfectly your source and your headphones.
The flexible input/output architecture
- You want to connect your source passively to following unit because you don´t want
to switch on HPA RS 02/08 when you want to hear your speakers?
No problem, set the internal jumper to “Passive Feedthrough”.
- You want to connect the next unit in an active way because you know
that this is technically better?
No problem, set the internal jumper to “active feedthrough”.
- You judge the abilities of HPA RS 02 so high that you want it to control
your power amp or active speakers?
No problem, set the internal jumper to “active feedthrough with volume control”.
Ingenious ? Ingenious !
- Unbalanced inputs with gold-plated RCA connectors
- Unbalanced line-outputs with gold-plated RCA connectors
- PRE-GAIN = switchable input gain in five steps
- Line-outputs internally switchable to three modes:
- Passive feed-through
- Active feedthrough without volume control (pre fader)
- Active feedthrough with volume control (post fader)
- ALPS RK27 High-Grade volume control
- High-Quality op-amps in the signal path
- High-quality MKP capacitors in the signal path
- 0.1 and 1% metal film resistors throughout the unit
- power amps with 4 transistors per channel
- 2 silver-plated Neutrik headphone outputs
- Relay-based delayed headphone output cut-off
- Toroidal transformer
- Large filtering capacitors in the power supply
- Switchable ground lift
- Rugged aluminum case, black anodized
- Aluminum front- and back panel
|Unblanced Inputs:||2, gold plated RCA connectors|
|Max Input voltage:||+ 21 dBu|
|Input Impedance:||10 kohms|
|Unbalanced Outputs:||2, gold plated RCA connectors
active or passive operation
|Amplifier Channels:||2 (Stereo)|
|Nom. input level:||+ 6 dBu|
|Amplifier Gain:||+8 dB|
|... with PRE-GAIN:||-12 / -6 / 0 / +6 / +12 dB (relative)
-4 / +2 / +8 / +14 / +20 dB (absolute)
|Frequency range:||5 Hz ... 70 kHz (-0,5 dB)
3 Hz ... 200 kHz (- 3 dB)
|Output Impedance:||< 0,15 Ohms|
|Damping Factor:||360 (Load 50 Ohm)|
|Dynamic range:||> 127 dB (A-wtd)|
|Noise:||< -99 dBu (A-wtd)|
|THD+N:||< -97 dB / < 0,001 % (1 kHz / 2 x 10 V/ 100 Ohm = 1 W)
< -99 dB / < 0,0014 % ( 1 kHz / 2 x 4 V / 32 Ohm = 0,5 W)
|Crosstalk:||< -105 / -90 dB (@ 1 / 15 kHz)|
|Max. output level:||19,0 Veff in 600 ohms = 600 mW|
|( 1 kHz / < 0,1 % THD+N) [nbsp||18,1 Veff in 300 Ohm = 1100 mW|
|Both channels driven||15,5 Veff in 100 Ohm = 2400 mW|
|9,7 Veff in 50 ohms = 1900 mW|
|6,2 Veff in 32 ohms = 1200 mW|
|3,4 Veff in 16 ohms = 710 mW|
|Outputs:||2 x 1/4" / 6.3 mm phone jacks|
|Power supply:||230 or 115 V AC 10 VA|
|Dimensions:||168 x 49 x 145 mm (W x H x D)|
|Case Material:||Black anodized aluminium|